[Xen-users] Trouble starting network on dom0

To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Trouble starting network on dom0
From: Nicolas Muñoz <nicolas.munoz.zz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:25:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 03:27:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I just managed to install the latest version of xen unstable with kernel 2.6.18.8 with vTPM support following this tutorial : http://cybione.org/~cdidier/blog/200812020841.html

Worked great, except for some little things in sym_crpyto.c & buffer.c where I had to replace TPMTRYRETURN function by another structure (comparing return result of function judged by TPMTRYRETURN to TPM_SUCCESS)
Anyway, works now, but when I'm booting my dom0, even when I'm trying to install my NIC drivers, I cant get any networking. This is pretty annoying, as I cant join the TPM neither...

When I boot, i see several messages about

"disagrees about version of symbol" blah blah..

I noticed it for usbcore, but I dont use usb for now, so it can wait, if I type dmesg, all the messages contain the previous error, but do all concern ipv6. Here is an example of those messages :

ipv6: Unknown symbol inet_csk_destroy_sock
ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol of inet_csk_destroy_sock

I tried to activate some extra options in my kernel, in the networking part, but seems to be useless.
I read somewhere that this message suggests that I compiled things for an older kernel than the one I am actually using, but I am not sure I understand the exact meaning of this...

Any help will be appreciated.
Regards,

Nic