Re: [Xen-users] Re: Unsigned GPLPV drivers

Oliver Hookins schrieb:
On Wed Jul 15, 2009 at 10:56:38 +0200, Klaus Steinberger wrote:
I was under the impression that using bcdedit to set the
DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS loadoption and nointegritychecks option would
remove any restrictions on using unsigned drivers, but it would appear
this
perhaps on applies to Vista, not Windows 2008.
It even does not work in Vista (starting with SP1).

Only way is to use Ready Driver Plus

Yes, I ran that once and my general feeling is that it's a very hacky
"solution".

Is there any likelihood of the GPLPV drivers getting signed with a "real"
certificate? The Microsoft documents on driver signing are a bit vague on
what is actually required but it doesn't seem as if the full WHQL testing
needs to be done, you only need an SPC certificate from a trusted CA. For
example Comodo are selling code signing certs for $179 for a year.

Could "anyone" then purchase one of these certificates and sign the GPLPV
drivers?

Hmm 179 Dollars would not be much, is it a one time purchase, or every time you sign a driver?

Maybe I can arrange something.

Sincerly,
Klaus