Re: [Xen-users] Packet flow in bridging

To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Packet flow in bridging
From: Radu Rendec <radu.rendec@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:42:16 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:43:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

If you are speaking about standard linux bridge, then - as far as I know
- there is no queue other than the standard netdevice rx and tx queues
in xen's network backend netdevices. Ultimately, all that bridge does is
hijack the packet from the rx stack of the ingress "port" (netdevice)
and place it the appropriate egress device's tx queue.

On the other hand, it's been more than 4 years since I deeply studied
the bridge module. Things may have changed since then, so the
information might be outdated.

Cheers,

Radu