RE: [Xen-users] network connectivity problem

To: "arulP" <arulprakash88@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] network connectivity problem
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:05:46 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 02:06:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> [root@hadoop1 hadoop-0.18.3]# ssh xentry21 "rm -rf /opt/tmp/*"
> ssh: connect to host xentry21 port 22: No route to host
> [root@hadoop1 hadoop-0.18.3]# ssh xentry21 "rm -rf /opt/tmp/*"
> ssh: connect to host xentry21 port 22: No route to host
> [root@hadoop1 hadoop-0.18.3]# ssh xentry21 "rm -rf /opt/tmp/*"
> [root@hadoop1 hadoop-0.18.3]# bin/hadoop namenode -format
>

> first when i tried to ssh xentry21 it shows 'no route to host'.When i
try
> this two more time it works.Why this happens?.I have 3 physcical
machines
> and 2 virtual machines in each.And this happens randomly in any of the
> virtual machines.

That's the sort of behaviour I would expect if you had duplicate MAC
addresses or other ARP related problems. Does a ping also give you
similar behaviour?

When you do 'brctl showmacs <name of bridge device>' do the MAC
addresses match against the number of the port as listed by 'brctl
show'? (I think port numbers are 1 based).

James