Re: [Xen-users] Xen network tune for fileserver in DomU

> Xen doesn't help you build a (production) fileserver but it certainly
> hinders you.

We should have to look no further than the domain of your email address
to call shenanigans on your comments.  There is no such thing as a
solution that doesn't work well in a virtualized environment unless your
particular needs out-strip the hardware or limits of the hypervisor.

To the OP: Build your file server in Xen and test it thoroughly.  If you
find scalability issues, come to the list with specific problems (i.e.,
"with a xen 3.4 domU with 1GB ram and 2 cores, at 250 clients doing
random read i/o on a set of 1000 files on ext3 with an lvm vbd, I run
into i/o slowness") and we'll see what knobs can be turned.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer