[Xen-users] Does the amount of main memory influence PCI pass through (D

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Does the amount of main memory influence PCI pass through (DMA) capability?
From: Stephan Austermühle <au@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:48:28 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 12:49:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

after solving a lot of problems with my DVB-S card it finally ran fine in my
domU (3.3.2-rc2, 64 bit, Debian Lenny kernel 2.6.26-2, 64 bit). However, my
memory upgrade kit arrived so I upgraded main memory from 16 gbytes to 32
gbytes. Since then I have a lot of strange issues which are all looking like no
data is transfered from the DVB-S card to the domU. When running the tool
"dvbtraffic" I get the following message on the console:

        cx8802_start_dma() Failed. Unsupported value in .mpeg (0x00000001)

Does the amount of main memory influence the capability to use DMA transfers?

I don't see any other error message (xm dmesg, xm log, dom0 logs, domU logs).
Do I have a chance to get more debug information on this?

Kind regards,

Stephan