From: howard chen <howachen@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 23:27:55
To: Fabian Zimmermann<xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Migration by copying files/folder

Hello all,

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Fabian
Zimmermann<xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> worst option - online:
> It's possible, but you will not get consistent data.
>
> better option - lvm:
> Install LVM on both guests, create a snapshot of src-guest and copy the data
> to dst-guest.
> Pro: + consistent data (ok, maybe you should shutdown dbs..)

Well, what I concern is about the Xen modified kernel stuffs (e.g.
/lib/modules/2.6.18-xen), i.e. if my two Xen hosts are running 2
different versions, will there be any problem if I overwrite the Xen
stfuffs ? (e.g. lead to performance/stability problem etc).

I rather not too worry about my data, as they are mainly static
contents (even MySQL is 100% read only, so I don't care the
consistency though).

Thanks.