Re: [Xen-users] Guest OS proccess' network activity monitoring

To: nikki-2009 <n.kawaguti@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest OS proccess' network activity monitoring
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:19:00 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 05:19:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM, nikki-2009<n.kawaguti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I'm looking for a way to monitor network activities of processes in Guest
> OS.
> I want to get a list of Guest OS proccesses that open TCP connections to
> other machines (like "lsof" command).

If you're thinking about doing on from dom0, that's not possible. You
need something that runs on domU for that, possibly by using snmpd and
extending it to run "netstat -anp --tcp". Other host (including dom0)
can then collect the information using snmp.

--
Fajar