RE: [Xen-users] Merging two xen nodes together

To: <littimes@xxxxxxx>, "Chris 'Xenon' Hanson" <xenon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Merging two xen nodes together
From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:13:56 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:16:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How you go about this depends on how you've configured per-node storage.

If, say, you're using file: or tap:aio: with file-backed storage on
dom0, you can eliminate N2 together with its disk image and give the
space back to dom0, which can potentially be allocated to N1.

If the disk image file for N1 is a sparse file, then it can begin to use
the blocks freed by N2.  If not, you may be able to shut down N1 and
grow the image.  Or else just block-attach N2's disk image so N1 can
directly use it.

-Jeff