RE: [Xen-users] Making system templates

To: "Jeff Williams" <jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Making system templates
From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:21:05 +0100
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 00:21:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I use DD :)

I use LVM partitioning at Dom 0 level with DRBD and pass each VM a
partition as a disk (For DBs I have faster discs for DB storage so I
pass two disks to the PV, One for boot and one for DB storage). I
specify a specific MAC in the config file, this way when the cloned
machine starts it won't apply an previous IP addresses the image had to
the differing MAC. Works fine.

Resizing seems to work OK, I just use LVM on DOM0 and then LVM on the
DOMU.

Rob