Re: [Xen-users] please help: Linux Kernel must be loaded before initrd

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] please help: Linux Kernel must be loaded before initrd
From: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 22:44:48 +0800
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 07:45:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Sure, but if the IDC's support is actually what the sales reps say it
> is, this won't be necessary. In the 9 years that I've had servers in 5
> different countries, I've never used a KVM-over-IP device. This is a new
> host that I'm trying out, and they're really dissapointing.

We also do run hosting remotely, in 10 points of presence, on many
points of the globe, many being totally remote with the help of the data
center staff. Over the years, I found that using a KVM over IP is quite
necessary even with a very good data center support. It's simply so much
better to never have to ask anything to them and manage everything by
ourself. It's been quite years now that we use only servers with
integrated KVMs. It only costs us 100 USD more per server, and one more
Ethernet port on the switch... For older servers, we managed to buy some
cheap KVM over IPs too.

If you had KVM over IPs, you wouldn't have to actually WAIT for support.
Just reboot, press e in grub to edit the config, b to boot, done...

Thomas