[Xen-users] strange network issue after upgrade to 3.4

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] strange network issue after upgrade to 3.4
From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:47:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 May 2009 03:48:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I was running XEN 3.3.1 using the debian packaged kernel vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-xen-686

I ran the XEN 3.4 compile script and installed it ok.  I then modified the grub config to use the new XEN build but i kept the kernel the same, after all it is newer J

Now when booting the server it boots fine but there is no network connectivity, if i then boot back into the old XEN build it works fine so im puzzled as to why 3.4 would be upsetting the network when i using the exact same kernel as before.

Anyone got any ideas? Im doing this on a test system so i don’t want to go and do an upgrade on the live until i know what could be causing this.

Thanks in advance

Ian