[Xen-users] Re: Xen Virtualize WiFi cards?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen Virtualize WiFi cards?
From: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:07:16 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 May 2009 03:06:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fasiha Ashraf wrote:
Hi there!

If we have Wireless devices like WiFi cards, doesn't a Xen hypervisor support it just as a regular OS will support it with same drivers? Anything different in this case compared to non-virtualized case?

With most WiFi cards bridging will not work, so you may have to setup routed networking instead of the (default) bridging. Also note the the Xen Linux Kernel (2.6.18.8) may not contain the "latest and greatest" wireless drivers, so you may want to have a look at one of the forward ports available for your favorite distribution...

Best regards,
   Christian