RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV (9.11pre20) in Win2003x64onXenServerEnterprise 5.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV (9.11pre20) in Win2003x64onXenServerEnterprise 5.0 (CD drive missing)
From: dex80526 <dex80526@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:41:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have the similar problem with GPLV 0.9.12.-pre13) with Window 2003 R2
(32bits) server on Xen 3.3.1.
1) after we bootup with GPLV, we no longer see CDROM driver with the same
xen configuration for the HVM
2) after manually attached the driver with running VM using xm block-attach
command, the cdrom driver shows up. However, there is no way to detach/eject
the cdrom.
3) If I use xm block-configure command to point to another ISO file, the
content of CDROM keeps the same as the previous one.
4) I tried using xenstore-write to point to another file, the content of
CDROM does not change either.
5) If I xm block-detach the driver, it will take a long time for the command
to return (during this time, the domain0 appears frozen, and I even can not
login into the domain0 from another terminal.) Very often, this operation
causes BSOD of the VM.

Are there any solution or workaround of this?  I need a way to programmly
detach and re-attach the CDROM.
thanks,
dex