Re: [Xen-users] Questions Converting from ESXi to Xen

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as the part about "hard disc support" the author is incorrect
> in his assumption. So long as the mass storage controller *is* in the
> critical device database, it will boot (depending on which versions of
> windows, an edit to boot.ini may be required). It doesn't memorize, like
> linux, it will only boot with what it currently has support for unless
> you add more drivers.
>
> If you look at the linked batch file, it simply adds additional drivers
> into the registry.
>
> What finally made your eeepc migration work?

The linked batch file :)

Enabling IOAPIC is not enough (it simply shows black boot screen, no
progress whatsoever).
Changing the HAL (using /HAL=xxx in boot.ini) gives blue screen.
running the BAT file before exporting (together wit IOAPIC) made it
work. This is also consistent with information on MS knowledge base
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314082

--
Fajar