Re: [Xen-users] Fw: Vyatta VC5 inplace of Xen-bridging.

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Fw: Vyatta VC5 inplace of Xen-bridging.
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:25:55 +0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:26:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please don't resend your email if you don't have any additional info.
We got your first mail just fine.

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want to assign Vyatta(a guest VM) exclusively to replace Xen-bridging for
> VM to VM communication. Means the traffic sent from guest-1 to guest-2
> bypass briging and route through vyatta(VM), instead of going to Dom0.

AFAIK if you change network-script, traffic will still go through dom0.
I suggest you either :
- install vyatta on dom0, or
- treat domUs like any other physical server. On normal server, you'll
have vyatta bridging traffic from (for example) eth1 to eth2. Do the
same thing with Xen setup: on dom0 you have two bridges (for domU's
eth1 and eth2), while vyatta domU itself has a bridge.

Another alternative is to use domU as backend/priviledged domain.
Something like this
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-05/msg00345.html
This tend to be more complicated though, and I haven't tried it
personally. I'd prefer to stick with standard bridged setup.

--

Fajar