Re: [Xen-users] Giving multiple interfaces to a xen guest

To: "mghofran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mghofran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Giving multiple interfaces to a xen guest
From: "Wead, Adam G" <awead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:21:42 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2009 06:24:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Matthew,

You'd use the network-bridge script in the scripts directory to create 2 bridges: xenbr0 and xenbr1.  Each of these is bridging eth0 and eth1 respectively.  Then you'll attach each bridge to the guest in its config file.

You should be able to get both bridges to start up at boot by editing the Xen config file in /etc/xen

...adam

Is there a cook book on “How to assign more than one interface card to a xen guest” ? I have seen references in the /etc/xen/scripts dir, but all I want to do is to give eth0 and eth1 in 2 different subnets to my xen guests. I had assumed that the virt-manager would do this for me but I was wrong. Any help or pointing to a previously done script is greatly appreciated.

Matthew