Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 8.04 DomU crash

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu 8.04 DomU crash
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:24:27 +0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 May 2009 07:25:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
<xenon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  My Debian 5 Lenny Dom0 has been running great for a few weeks with two PV
> DomU's running
> Ubuntu 8.04 on an 8-core Intel E405 12Gb machine. Xen 3.2 from Debian's
> packages. Both
> DomU's are webservers, and one runs qmail as well. The DomU that crashes is
> not under
> heavy load.
>
>  However, twice since moving to this new system, one of my DomU's has crashed
> bad and
> needed to be taken down and restarted. This last time, I captured some of the
> info in the
> console. There's lots more if anyone wants to see it.

Is your domU also debian? If yes, you should find out if debian has a
fix for this.
If that failed, you might have better luck using the well-tested
2.6.18 kernel from xen.org.
Recently I tried using RHEL5.3 kernel (also 2.6.18), converted using
alien on Ubuntu. It seems to run nicely so far.

Regards,

Fajar