Re: [Xen-users] Installing with iso

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Installing with iso
From: Lance Haig <lhaig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 19:27:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:31:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/05/09 19:12, jonr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Quoting "Lance Haig" <lhaig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I am running the latest xen package on Debian Lenny and I want to
install a Linux vm with an ISO image.

How best do I make this happen.

I have not been able to get virt-manager to connect to the xen
instance on my server from my Laptop.

I would really appreciate the help

Thanks

Lance

Hello Lance,

The easiest way I have found is to loop mount the iso then expose it on
my webserver. I then use virt-manager to connect and install with http.
That way I am able to install in paravirtual mode rather than HVM.

You can also do the exact same thing from the command line using ssh
from your laptop, look at the virt-install man page. I would tcpdump on
your laptop and server to see why you are unable to connect.

Hope that helps,

Jon

Thanks Jon,

I will have a look at that.