Re: [Xen-users] HVM shutdown

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Stefan Below <stefanbelow@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any option for a graceful HVM shutdown without PV drivers?
>
> There was a patch on th xen list which enabled acpi power off for HVM
> domains, but is it already included in Xen 3.3.1 or Xen 3.4?
>
> Or is there any other nice way for shutting down hvm guests from dom0?

For Windows HVM guest you can try James Harper's GPLPV. You can choose
to install only the shutdown monitor service (without xen-net and
xen-vbd drivers) if you want, but I suggest you install all of them as
the PV drivers increase performance greatly.

For Linux HVM domUs, you need to find PV drivers. On RHEL5.3 it's
included on standard kernel. I believe the one responsible for
monitoring Xen shutdown request is xen-platform-pci.ko

Regards,

Fajar