Re: [Xen-users] How using PV-Grub?

To: eXeC001er <execooler@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How using PV-Grub?
From: Luke S Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Apr 2009 14:22:28 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:21:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
eXeC001er <execooler@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Can i using pv-grub for loading OpenSolaris on zfs volume?

I'm pretty sure you can't due to some subtle difference between the
binary format for the opensolaris kernel and the linux kernel.  If someone
who actually knows wants to explain it, that would be appreciated, as
I'm mostly guessing.  I know I certainly couldn't get it to work.

Not five minutes ago, I got a OpenSolaris 2008.11 DomU up on a Linux -testing
dom0, using PyGRUB.   i had to update PyGRUB and libfsimage to the versions
from -current (the zfs version changed between 2008.05 and 2008.11)

here's my notes:

http://book.xen.prgmr.com/mediawiki/index.php/Zfs_storage_server_setup

But yeah, it sure would be nice if this worked with PVGRUB.