Re: [Xen-users] hdparm/sdparm/smartctl from the DomU

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Ryan Kennedy <rkennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was afraid of that.
> I'm not directly mounting sda/sdb in the dom0, but they are members of a
> MD RAID1 that the dom0's root fs is on so... yeah, I'm hosed.
> Is there any way to run a command on the dom0 from the domU?

why would you want to manage from DomU a hardware that is so many
layers away from what DomU uses?

hardware management is the role of Dom0, doing elsewhere is asking for
trouble.  like trying to send commands... ssh makes you jump through
several hoops precisely because it would be such a wide security hole
to do otherwise.

--
Javier