Re: [Xen-users] Re: number of ips

Anand Gupta wrote:

Thanks for the reply. What if they are on different subnet ? And then
what stops a user inside domU to add any ip in that series (as long as
the ips are assigned and routable to the server) and start to use it ?

I'll chip in with a question of my own. What does specifying an IP in the DomU config actually do, and how would it actually be referenced in the guest OS ?

So far, I've just treated each guest (all Debian) the same as I'd treat a standalone machine - ie I've just configured the virtual interfaces as I would configure real interfaces. If the networking in Dom0 is a bridge, then it shouldn't care what IPs the guests use - not even what subnet.

So unless I'm missing something, each guest should be able to pretty well do what it wants regarding IP addresses.

--
Simon Hobson