Re: [Xen-users] Guest says: no space left on device; but thats not true

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest says: no space left on device; but thats not true
From: Olaf Krause <krause@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:46:58 +0200
Cc: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 06:47:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you!

Shame on me!

I did the test with some few big files.
The inodes went so low, the booting Linux acquired the the rest.

Now i made a backup and created a new image with more inodes. 256k (262144) seems to be the default value. Now I use by hand:
  mkfs.ext3 -N 1048567 -b 1024 $NEW_IMAGE

...and the guest runs fine.

Best regards
  Olaf