Re: [Xen-users] Xen system hang or freeze

On Apr 6, 2009, at 1:44 AM, Martin Fernau wrote:

With "stock xen 2.6.18.8 kernel" you mean the original Kernel from
"http://www.xen.org/download/"; ? I currently use the xen-kernel 2.6.18-r12
from my distro. So I could give it a try...

Yes, from www.xen.org.

How dit you get notice of these kernel oops and/or soft IRQ lockups? I'm not able to discover _any_ abnormal events on my system as all logfiles are clean.
There must be a way to debug this...

As often as I managed to get it to crash, I occasionally saw the error messages on the serial console. It depended on if I was connected to the console and if I was watching. Even then, I only saw them sometimes.

The only USB device I currently have attached to my dom0 is a Smart- UPS System. I don't know if this really could kill the whole machine as the
communication between dom0 and this ups should be very very low.

Then I'd doubt it's USB in your case.

Also, in case it helps others track anything, the kernel oops: soft IRQ lockups were on some Dell 1950 III's. The USB issue was on some HP DL380 G4's.

--t