Re: [Xen-users] New version of GPL PV drivers for Windows 0.10.0.47

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 8:01 AM, James Harper
<james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Are these drivers signed? I see weird results in that :
>> - windows 2008 x64 refuses to start  without "disable driver signing
>> enforcement" because xenpci.sys is not signed

> Please let me know how you go with Linux.
>
> All the drivers _should_ be signed, but it's possible my signing script
> has bugs in it...

So I just tried it on Linux dom0, Windows 2008 x64, and found out two things:
- Your signing script is correct, but Windows needs additional setting.
>From
>http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/02/26/unable-to-disable-integrity-checks-cause-drivers-not-found-in-64-bit-vista-x64/
, I have to run "bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON" to have Windows
honor testsign drivers. Perhaps you should update instructions on
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv/Installing
- Xen vbd works, but Xen Net doesn't work. It says "Windows cannot
load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted
or missing (Code 39)". Realtek NIC is also not working (which is
correct when GPLV active), which leaves me no NIC.

This is on RHEL 5.3 with Xen 3.3.1 from Gitco.
I haven't test Windows 2003 x86 yet (they're still using 0.9.12-pre13,
which works correctly), so it might be Windows 2008 x64 specific
issue.

Regards,

Fajar