[Xen-users] expanding windows VM hard drive space

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] expanding windows VM hard drive space
From: dnk <d.k.emaillists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:11:53 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 15:12:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

I just setup a (Citrix) XenServer, and had a Windows 2003 server guest, but by default the system made the hard drive 8GB (tiny). I am just learning Xen, so I missed the setting when creating.

How are others going about expanding hard drive space on Windows guests?

I mean linux would be easy, just use the tools, and expand LVM, however since this is a windows guest......

Just wanted to find out what the community is doing prior to trying some 3rd party partitioning tool that supports nondestructive expanding.

Thanks!

Dustin