Re: [Xen-users] Linux PV Drivers - VBD device not loading - Cannot get

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Tom Lanyon <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't seem to get a RHEL4 i386 HVM guest to boot on RHEL5.2 x86_64 when
> using the PV vbd either.

As usual, use PV if you can as it provides best performance :)

> The initrd contains the xen-vbd driver and xen-platform-pci but it dies when
> trying to boot:

> It seems to see the devices and the xen-vnif ethernet device works well.
> Have I missed something simple?

Worth to try :
- map additional disk to domU as xvdf (for example)
- load xen-vbd, see if it detects the disk

If that works, try putting using ide0=noprobe and put the module on
initrd. If it doesn't, there's probably something wrong with the
kernel version you're using, try downgrade, or (even better) use
RedHat support and ask them what's wrong :D

Regards,

Fajar