Re: [Xen-users] How to get rid of IO-Bottleneck?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to get rid of IO-Bottleneck?
From: Martin Fernau <m.fernau@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:18:37 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 00:19:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have the same performance issues on systems using fakeraid.
Systems with a real active raid controller using SAS harddrives haven't this
problem. They are running as mooth as a standalone system.
If you too using fakeraid (meaning that you use dodmraid) or software raid
then I'm afraid that you can't do much here. This is because the raid system
consumes some amount of your cpu power to calculate and maintain the raid
system.

Regards,
Martin