[Xen-users] xen and snapshot partition ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen and snapshot partition ?
From: Riccardo Veraldi <Riccardo.Veraldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:54:43 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:56:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
is there a way to start a domU under xen so that the guest is start from a file read only partition
and all write changes are written into a separate snapshot file ?
I mean the same which works with qemu-kvm snapshot=on, is there something similar for Xen ? this is very useful to start a guest from a template file image, and then write hte specific
guest machine into a snapshot file image or partition.
How to do it with Xen ?

thanks

Rick