Re: [Xen-users] Bridging with multiple public IPs

As an update to this post I can report that I have gotten the desired network functionality working for me. Basically I found that the configuration I need to use matches exactly this: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/360 (see Diagram). Let's say that in my case the IPs are:

77.56.44.157 <- server
77.56.44.190 <- gateway

77.56.14.144/29 <- provided IPs for my DomUs

Unfortunately although I tried a lot, I couldn't figure out exactly how to set up a bridged configuration using the dummy interface on my CentOS server as in the linked Debian article. In the end I have managed to get networking going using routed configuration, and these are the settings I've used (they may help someone?):

---8<---
Dom0: # cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
..
NETMASK=255.255.255.192
IPADDR=77.56.44.157
GATEWAY=77.56.44.190
TYPE=Ethernet

Dom0: # /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
bridging commented, routing enabled

Dom0 Xen VM cfg: # cat /etc/xen/vm01
..
vif = [ "ip=77.56.14.146" ]
NETMASK="255.255.0.0"
GATEWAY="77.56.44.190"

DomU: # cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
..
IPADDR=77.56.14.146
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
GATEWAY=77.56.44.190
---8<---

So in routing mode these settings work fine, thankfully. However I would really appreciate any insight as to what possibly I could have been doing wrong when trying to use bridged mode? I.e. how could this configuration be adapted for bridging? As most of what I read seems to indicate bridging is the preferable mode.

Thanks,
Ravikesh