RE: [Xen-users] using gpxe to get a VM image

To: "'Luca'" <lucarx76@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] using gpxe to get a VM image
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:03:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:04:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        You don't specify a root filesystem in an HVM domain, you specify a
boot device, and the bootloader on that device specifies the root filesystem
(in this case, the ISO would boot to PXE, and the PXE image would define
root).  Also, rtl8139 is the default emulated NIC in an HVM domU, hence that
driver suggestion.  If you want to use PV (or if you have to due to lack of
VT), hopefully someone else can respond with other ideas, as I would assume
that rom-o-matic doesn't include options to make a PV bootable ISO based on
the previous poster's suggestions.  It may not even be possible to boot via
PXE on a PV domain at all (unless by way of some other emulation layer being
executed by the PV guest), but I really don't know for sure.
        Dustin