[Xen-users] Re: compiling Xen 3.3.1 on Lenny

I tend to compile my kernels separately after doing make world and make
install

make linux-2.6-xen0-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0"

followed by:

make linux-2.6-xen0-build KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0"
make linux-2.6-xen0-install KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0"

And the same 3 options for domU (or xenU)

Below is an incomplete list of debian packages required to compile xen
from source on a debian etch or lenny server.

xinetd
bzip2
zlib1g-dev
make
autoconf
libncurses5 (and dev)
python
python2.5
python2.5-dev
bridge-utils
patch
zlib-dev
iproute (and dev)
udev
tetex-bin (for docs)
tetex-extra
latex2html
xfig (and libs) to build docs
transfig
graphviz
texinfo
libpci-dev
libx11-dev
libcrypto (try libgcrypt & dev)
libssl-dev

For HVM on Xen

bin86
bcc

mercurial (to download the linux-image)

Xend has the following runtime requirements:

python-pyopenssl
python-pam
python-xml