Re: R: [Xen-users] Re: Windows PV config

To: Francesco Gallo <cluster@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: R: [Xen-users] Re: Windows PV config
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:53:16 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:53:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Francesco Gallo <cluster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So PV definition is the wrong one, it is a full virtualized and optimized
> guest, i use Xen-PV-Drivers-0.9.12-pre13.exe for reaching the aim, anyway
> can someone share his own configuration, i would like to compare with mine

Any particular part you want to compare? Did you have some problems?
Here's mine : http://pastebin.com/f23e0f5e1
Tested for Win 2003 and XP. For Windows 2008, you need to set apic and
pae=1 (or comment them out) and set memory=1000 or higher.

> name = 'win2k8'

Are you using 32bit or 64 bit version? I think GPLPV has some problems
with the 64bit version.

> vfb = ['type=vnc,vncunused=1']
> vnc=1

AFAIK the vfb line only works for PV guest, while vnc line only works
HVM guest. You can delete the vfb line.

> vncviewer=1

I prefer not to have xen start vncviewer since on my setup it's a
remote server. Instead, I connect vnc client from another host (my
desktop).

Regards,

Fajar