[Xen-users] Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
From: Danilo Godec <danilo.godec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 21:07:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 12:08:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I recently moved a couple of my DomU's to a new Xen server and this messages started appearing when there was a lot of activity in a SSH session (this MAC has nothing to do with networking - it's a SSH Message Authentication Code). I noticed it only because my rdiff-backup failed on this hosts because of it.

The old Xen server was running OpenSuSE 10.2 x86-64 as Dom0, while the new one is running OpenSuSE 11.0 x86-64. I don't have a shared storage (yet), so I use rsync to move the date betwen Xen servers.

DomU's that exhibit the described problem are OpenSuSE 10.2 x86-64. Most people suggest that this is a hardware issue, but I have other DomU's on that server ranging from OpenSuSE 10.0 to OpenSuSE 11.0 that don't have that issue.

Of course I will eventually upgrade all DomU's but it would be nice to know what's going on and if there's something I can do to make DomU's happy in the mean time (and get those backups running again)...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Danilo