RE: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingaft

To: "Martin Fernau" <m.fernau@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingafter a few minutes/hours
From: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:25:01 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 01:25:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2009-03-05 Martin Fernau wrote:
>>>  well, I can't see why a switch should impcat a local connection
>>> between the dom0 and domU.
>>  Yes it can. But since you're saying that it's an unmanaged switch
then
>> I don't know what the problem could be. If the "network crashes" then
>> there is something seriously wrong with the xen kernels. What distro
>> are you running?
> This is a gentoo system. I run linux-2.6.27 but I try to downgraded to
> the latest supported kernel 2.6.18 at the moment. I hope this
downgrade
> will have no impact on my windows guest running gplpv driver.

I have experienced similar problems on my Gentoo / Xen system.  I
haven't had time to properly investigate but it seems that the Xen
kernels and >=xen(-tools)-3.2 cause the problem, I'm currently on
3.1.3-r1.  Perhaps you had emerged new versions a while ago but only
just restarted and they've just taken effect?  I'm really looking
forward to the merge of the pv_ops dom0 code to mainline to see if this
fixes it for me.

James