Re: [Xen-users] Kickstart

Paras pradhan wrote:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM, John Haxby <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paras pradhan wrote:
extra = "text ks=http://mydomain/ks/centos/5/message-vm1.cfg
ip=10.42.250.4 netmask=255.255.0.0 gateway=10.42.0.1 dns=x.x.x.x"

Is the url really "http://mydomain/ks...";?  If it is then you probably

That was just an example. I am using FQDN.

That's the problem with edited examples :-)

Regardless, I'd start by looking in the web server logs and if there's nothing there, break out wireshark. If that doesn't show anything then your network isn't being set up. I'm not entirely sure if the ip=... parameters are honoured by the centos kernel, you may want to move the IP configuration into the extra line so that the kernel can pick them up from there. Either that or configure a dhcp server so that the kernel can configure itself early. Might also be worth swapping the domain name for an IP address.

jch

jch