[Xen-users] xm shutdown doesn't work on debian lenny

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm shutdown doesn't work on debian lenny
From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:08:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 05:08:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        I have xen installed in a debian lenny server (xen 3.2.1). It works
perfect, domUs run smoothly, but when I run xm shutdown <domU> (or I run
halt or reboot inside domU), it doesn't work. More precisely, the
shutdown works and domU is halted, but it continues in the xm list. For
example, in the console of the domU (myotis17) appears:

Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
Killing all remaining processes...done.
[   77.758040] rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
[   77.758072] RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errno 5).
Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
Cleaning up ifupdown....
Deactivating swap...done.
Will now halt.
[   80.101752] xen console-0: xenbus_dev_shutdown: device/console/0:
Initialising != Connected, skipping
[   81.222800] System halted.

        but if I run xm list I get:

felis201:~# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  1796     1     r-----
360.5
myotis17                                    10  1024     1     ---s--
5.3

        and I have to manually destroy domU with xm destroy.

        The same behaviour happens when I try to reboot domU.

        The same configuration but in a debian etch server (xen 3.0.3) works
without this problem. Maybe it just a configuration change, but I don't
find where to fix it.

        Any idea?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez