[Xen-users] After migration: network-device of dom0 lost?!

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] After migration: network-device of dom0 lost?!
From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:36:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:36:52 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello list,

I am migrating a domU from dom0: XEN0 to Ddom0: XEN1. Both are connected via
eth1, both are connected to the net via (p)eth0.
While doing this, my ssh-connection to the domU keeps running well.

After about a minute, i get a "remote host closed the connection".
If i try to log into host domU or XEN1 then via ssh, i get a "connection timed
out".

If i then check the logs locally on XEN1, there's nothing special in them.

On XEN1 i have no network any more except the eth1 connection to XEN0. I even
can't ping the gateway in the same subnet!!

Checking ifconfig, route and resolv.conf doesn't help either, they are all the
same as before the error, pretending all is ok. Dmesg is clean. The logs are
clean, as told before.

If i try to restart networking, i get an error telling me, that network device
eth0 does not exist?!? After that, dmesg hasn't got any additionally entries...

What could that be? What could have destroyed my (p)eth0 shortly after
migrating?

Cheers, Florian
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or
the sender immediately and do