Re: [Xen-users] Anything come close to esx for xen?

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Anything come close to esx for xen?
From: "lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:39:01 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:39:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another good post, good points and the spirit is intact. Everyone wants to have
a bit of input, so that we all end up with choices and not a one solution world
like Microsoft would have. Truly, that's the bottom line. While I'm not a
programmer, I've spent a great deal of energy since the early 90's to tell
everyone I possibly can that Linux IS a viable and in many cases, better
solution than the big commercial players. It's not always about cost, it's
about making sure that we have choices. Sometimes, it's best to go with a
commercial solution.

>� a "turn-key" solution, if you like.��VMware definitely has an advantage in
>�that you install their product (ESX or ESXi), configure a few things like
>�your network interfaces and datastores (both relatively simple tasks in
>�ESX/ESXi), and start creating VMs.��ESX manages to maintain a decent amount

And this is why I posted that 'wish' of mine. I found ESX so darn easy to
install, set up, etc, that I wished Xen would have some this far by now for
those who will never consider it because it's not as simple as ESX. I hate
seeing people go to proprietary solutions if I can persuade them to give
something else a try.

No issues, just a wish :).

Mike