[Xen-users] Re: Trouble enabling VT-D: "I/O virtualisation disabled"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Trouble enabling VT-D: "I/O virtualisation disabled"
From: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:54:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:55:02 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
andrewyates schrieb:
I have a chipset which supports VT-d (Intel X58) and, according to my
motherboard manufacturers, VT-d is enabled in the BIOS and listed as "Intel
VT."

VT is not the same as VT-d, so if you enable VT you will essentially have the "vmx" feature of the CPU enabled which will allow hvm, but that has nothing to do with VT-d.
What board do you own?

Best regards,
   Christian