Re: [Xen-users] Smaller kernel for DomU ?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Olivier B. <xen.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But... I don't see "vmx" in my /proc/cpuinfo :
>
> flags        : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic sep mtrr cmov pat clflush acpi
> mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good pni ssse3 cx16
> sse4_1 lahf_lm
>
> and :
>   root ! granite:~# xm dmesg | grep VMX
>   (XEN) CPU0: VMX disabled by BIOS.
>   (XEN) VMX: failed to initialise.
>
> So VT is not used... maybe I should enable it ;)

Don't put much trust in /proc/cpuinfo on xen kernel. I think (on some
versions) it actually HIDES vmx flag, for the obvious reason of not
letting any userland programs use it. Here's from my system

flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 apic sep mtrr cmov pat clflush acpi
mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall lm constant_tsc pni est cx16 lahf_lm

yet

 # xm dmesg | grep VMX
(XEN) HVM: VMX enabled

Your xm dmesg output looks valid though, and you should enable it in BIOS.
Regards,

Fajar