Re: [Xen-users] guest only networking

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Gary Koskenmaki <garyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It turns out I just needed to use "xm network-attach domain.name
> ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx bridge=bridge_name" to create the extra interface in
> the DomU's, and then do an ifup on that interface.

Ah, so your problem is on domU side :)
Here's what might help :
(1) Assign both domU's NIC from the start on domU config file, put
static MAC on them. Something like

vif =   [
        'mac=00:16:3E:EC:C4:6A, bridge=br1',
        'mac=00:16:3E:EC:C4:6B, bridge=br2',
        ]

If you rather use "xm network-attach", be sure to specifiy the "mac" option.
>From your command above I see that you're not using a static MAC,
which may cause a problem.

(2) Do NOT assign IP address on domU config file (or in your case, xm
network-attach). Simply use normal method of assigning IP address (on
Debian it would be domU's /etc/network/interfaces). What is the
contents of your domU's /etc/network/interfaces? What does "ifconfig
-a" shows on your domU? What is the contents of
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules (or similar) on domU?