Re: [Xen-users] hvm gracefull power off

Hi Thiago,

I think you mentioned running Ubuntu domUs.

I couldn't find much help converting an Ubuntu 7.10 domU tp a PVM.

Do you know of any resource for this?

I'm running x64 bit.

- Brian

On Feb 13, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro wrote:

Sorry for the ignorance but, HVM does not have something like "ATX" power button of modern desktops/servers?... correct-me if I'm wrong, please... But if I press the power button of my DELL desktop, any Linux distro like Ubuntu shuts down properly... Why HVM does not behave like a real computer in this case?

I'm always have used PV machines... so I don't know to much about HVM domains...

Thiago

2009/2/13 Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Brian,

Am Freitag, den 13.02.2009, 11:39 -0800 schrieb Brian Krusic:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an Ubuntu 7.x HVM that I would prefer to be shutdown gracefully
> instead of what is going on now which looks to be a sudden kill;
>
> xm shutdown foo
>
> .. pretty much kills it instead of a nice halt -p.

for hvm you need the gplpv-drivers in your guests.

But why dont you use pv for linux-guests?

> My HVM conf file does say destroy but so do my other paravirt machines
> and they gracefully shutdown.
>
> Any ideas how I can do this?

hth,

Thomas