Re: [Xen-users] unable to assign ip from config file

El Lunes 09 Febrero 2009, Madhuri Venkatesh escribió:
> hey,
> Thanks for the help..,initially what i wanted was to assign ips using the
> config file ...something like:
> name = "fedora%d"  % (vmid )
> vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:00:%d ,ip=192.168.2.%d' ] % (vmid,vmid)

Xen does not provide dhcp services, that's why it's not working for you.
Those settiings are suppoosed to be related to 'kernel autoconfiguration',
which has to be enabled in the kernel to work.

Here's some info (though not much), hope it helps you:

http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/IP_PNP.html
http://osdir.com/ml/linux.redhat.fedora.xen/2008-06/msg00044.html

> but since that isnt working out ,il try assigning a static ip.

Thats what everybody does, it seems :)

> It would be neat if there was a way to make it work using a parameter like
> the above line though,since i could mount many images..without having to
> configure each one,Thanks.

Certainly, let us know if you make it work!

Cheers,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Senior SysAdmin - I+D