Re: [Xen-users] gitco xen3.3 rpms for centos

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] gitco xen3.3 rpms for centos
From: jonr@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:54:38 -0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:55:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>:

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Brian Krusic wrote:

Hi all,

Has any one run these rpms?

If so, are they reliable for a production box?

I'm pretty conservative and usually stick with the vendor distros, etc... but I may be missing out on some enhancements as the current shipped version with Centos/RHEL is Xen 3.0.3.

Don't believe everything RedHat puts in an rpm version string.
The RedHat RPM says Xen 3.0.3 but inside it is really a significantly-
modified xen 3.1.2. at least in version 5 update 2.
That said, I have never tried the 3.3 rpms from gitco.
Would also be interested to know anyone who has.

I am using the 3.3 rpms from gitco and have not had any problems with them. The box is not in production but as soon as I am finished building it, it will be.

Jon