Re: [Xen-users] Re-Read Partition table in DomU

To: "ml@xxxxxxxxx" <ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re-Read Partition table in DomU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:57:53 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:58:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 04:36:03PM +0100, ml@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Is there a way to manually re-read the partition table without rebooting?

> Unfortunately no, that's not possible at the moment.

There is an alternative to it actually.

What you're doing right now provides simplicity, at the cost of having
to restart domU after disk resize.

If you want the ability to add disks to domU online (without reboot),
you need to use LVM on domU as well. In that setup new disks can be
added to domU online using xm block-attach (and editing domU config
file, if you still use that). domU then uses that disk as a new PV to
extend its VG.

Regards,

Fajar