RE: [Xen-users] Adding disk image file to existing DomU VM

To: "'sundaju'" <s.sundararajan@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Adding disk image file to existing DomU VM
From: "Kristofer" <kristofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:27:55 -0600 (CST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:29:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can use "xm block-attach".

xm block-attach <Domain> <BackDev> <FrontDev> <Mode>

That will hot-add it to a running domU so you don't need to restart it.

You will also need to add it to your config file for the domain so it is
attached upon the next boot of the domU.