Re: [Xen-users] Strange crashes.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Strange crashes.
From: "Ricardo J. Barberis" <ricardo.barberis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:34:17 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:24:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
El Miércoles 28 Enero 2009, Fábio Catunda escribió:
> Hi list,

Hi,

> On this machine I have 4 VMs with about 250RAM each. Dom0 is configured
> to use only one CPU.
>
> Everything was working great until I try to specify 2 CPUs for one
> specific domU. The parameter I used is "vcpus = 2". The system starts
> with no problems, including that domU, but the hole machine reboots with
> absolute no messages from time to time. Today I removed the "vcpus = 2"
> from that specific dom0 and everything came back to normal.
>
> Somebody has any tip about that?

You can try adding "noreboot" to /boot/grub/menu.lst, it's a xen option, so
you should put it after any other options in the kernel line corresponding to
xen.

Then reboot and start your domU with "vcpus = 2", if it crashes dom0 won't
reboot and you'll be able to connect a monitor and (probably) see the cause
of the crash.

> Thanks a lot.
>
> Fábio Catunda.

Hope it helps,