Re: [Xen-users] DomU in it's own LVM partition fails to boot CentOS 5.2

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Peter Hoose <phoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just created a LVM based vbd in my dom0, I want to use
> this as my 'disk' for my domU, which I would create my partitions on. Is
> this possible,

Yes. For this purpose, you create one LV on dom0, map it to domU as
xvda, and install domU like what you'd do with file-based disk image.

> or do I need to create a /boot, / and /swap on my domU and
> share those with dom0 for it to access natively? IE: Does the dom0 see this
> partition as a disk that it can create partitions on, or does it see it just
> like a normal partition?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but you can do this :
- create two LVs on dom0, map it to domU as xvda1 (for / ) and xvda2
(for swap). You don't need a separate /boot.
- do mkfs.ext3 and mkswap on dom0 directly on that LV (not creating
partition on top of it)
- populate domU's filesystem (for example, by extracting "templates"
like the one from jailtime.org, or by copying from a working domU.)
- create a suitable initrd

Regards,

Fajar